My Time to Craft! #450 Love

 Hi, guys! I hope you're all keeping safe, well and crafty! Have you found that you're reading more during Lockdown? I have been devouring books like nobody's business, mostly my favourite Science Fiction and Fantasy but also History books.  I have recently been reading a book by Bill Bryson called 'Shakespeare' which is really interesting.  We know so little about Shakespeare himself (although in the past people used to forge documents about him, and even bits of plays!) but the book looks at the context of the times he lived in.  And - yes, in the controversy over 'Did Shakespeare write his plays or was it [insert name of high-born courtier] instead, I am firmly on the side of the man from Stratford.

I recommend this book highly - actually, I recommend all Bill Bryson's books!

But you're here for our new challenge at My Time to Craft! and not my ramblings!


Our theme is LOVE, since Valentine's Day is getting closer.  I used a free kit that came with a magazine to make a slimline card.  The card bas is made of pearlised card.  The pretty paper, jigsaw pices and 'We are better together' sentiment are all from the kit.  I added a heart ribbon and three red heart gems from my stash.

I have had to be careful to hide the card away, as it's for my hubby on Valentine's Day!

Have a look at my teamies' gorgeous creations, I'm sure they'll inspire you to join in!

Thanks for looking, and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

Becca Sadler said…
Mags: Hey, team-mate! I so like the idea of puzzle pieces for a Valentine's Day card! Especially for a spouse--fitting together, making life work together, isn't that what marriage is about?!! Great card for this new theme challenge!
Love this make hun, just perfect for Valentines. I'm sure hubby will love it!

Have a great weekend
Stay safe Hugs Shell xx

I did a paper on Shakespeare & I have to agree, the man from Stratford definitely wrote those plays!! Some people & their conspiracy theory's!!
Pat said…
Great Valentine card Mags, love your jigsaw pieces and lovely sentiment. Have a good weekend, stay safe.

Pat xx
AW! what a lovely card, love the jigsaw idea. I'm sure hubby will appreciate it.

Reading? Yep! although I get spurts, I've read 2 this week about a 12th century detective and his sidekick, the third due to be read soon on my Kindle, my son bought it for me, I prefer books, but I've had it a few years now and have got used to it. The books are something different for me. written by E.M.Powell Stanton & Barling Mystery Books.
Keep safe
Faith x
Lynne in NI said…
Aww lovely card Mags, those jigsaw pieces are perfect for a Valentine!
I'm definitely reading more though I do love a good murder story or an autobiography - I've just finished An Unsung Hero about Tom Crean the Irish explorer which was pretty amazing

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.