My Time to Craft #455 Use Stationery

Good morning! I hope you're all keeping well. We are seeing a bit more sunshine here in the UK - what a difference good weather makes to our mood! 

To cheer everyone up even more, we have a new Challenge at My Time to Craft. The theme is an unusual one - Use Stationery - that is, use paperclips or staples or envelopes and such. I have to admit, I did struggle a bit, but I came up with a collage card. 


This is way outside my comfort zone, though I have seen and admired mixed media works I have never quite got the hang of them before.  However, I am quite pleased with this.

I used Vintage Photo Distress ink on everything! I stamped script from a Tim Holtz stamp in black on the background to add interest.  Then I layered: a scrap torn from a writing pad; a hessian ribbon; a kraft tag with two postage stamps and a paperclip that reads 'awesome'; a postcard image made with an ancient Penny Black stamp; a vellum envelope and some tiny hearts in purple and gold.

Halfway through I was thinking 'This is a hot mess!' but kept on going and it turned out ok.  I think the touches of purple and blue make a nice contrast to all the shades of brown.

My teamies have been really inventive when using our theme! Even if you think 'Stationery??? What on earth???' do go and check them out and then challenge yourself to have a go!

Thanks for looking and stay safe.

love, Mags B x

Comments

A Beautiful creation Mags, I agree the blue and purple certainly makes it pop.
Faith x
Love to see you stepping out of your comfort zone hun. This is an amazing make, just love it! Its just perfect for this fortnights theme
Hugs Shell xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.